We are a Non-Profit organization and an employee resource group of people from the 55 Africans countries working for the University of Virginia.
OEA In the News
Gaelle Mawadjou Tchokoua, a recent graduate of the Darden School of Business, reflects on how her MBA experience gave her the courage to speak up and the skills to seek a career that will make an impact in Central Africa
- We foster unity and solidarity among the university’s employees from the 55 Africans in both academic division and the health system division
- We build the bridge between the Africans communities who are not associated with the university (immigrants, refugees) living in Virginia, Charlottesville and its surroundings and the university’s community on ground
- We advocate, and promote excellence, integrity, competences, diversity, equity and inclusion during members career at UVA
- We support and work to be part of UVA the great, the good and the best university in the world in ten years
- We advise and oversee members career development at UVA
- We encourage our members to do researches, to participate and to contribute to resolve issues that affect the African continent, the Virginia and Charlottesville communities and the world.
Current Job Openings
Social Media/Digital Content Manager
We are looking for a talented Social media/Digital Content manager to administer our social media accounts and website. You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage content on our Drupal website and our groups image across all digital platforms in a cohesive way to achieve our strategic goals